[ckan-dev] CSW harvester - getting started?

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Tue Feb 2 12:51:34 UTC 2016

Hi Derek,

which CSW harvester are you using? Afaik, there are multiple extensions
around.
As the URL, you should use the most basic form (i.e.
http://data.linz.govt.nz/feeds/csw), as the library will add all parameters
as needed.

- Stefan

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Derek Hohls <dhohls at csir.co.za> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone provide a simple link to an actual working example of using the
> CSW harvester; there are detailed instructions on what all the parameters
> mean on their git site, but this has not helped me to get an instance
> working.
>
> I have tried through the CKAN web interface (http://localhost/harvest/)
> to set up a test example:

> The URL above is one which works and can be tested from a browser.  (I
> have also tried with the  Configuration setting empty.)
>
> I have tried the Reharvest as well, but the only output that ever shows on
> the "Jobs" tab is:
>
> Harvest Jobs
>     Job: dfa53fbc-4c11-421c-9c7d-b1e768c2785d Running
>     Started: Not yet ? Finished: Not yet
>
> I am sure all of this is obvious to experienced users, but it does not
> seem so simple for beginners.
>
> Any advice, insights or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Derek
>

> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
> e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>,
> and is believed to be clean.

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch