[ckan-dev] URI i18n

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 20:05:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 2 Feb 2016, at 19:39, NICOLAS BRISEBOIS-TÉTREAULT <nicolas.brisebois-tetreault at msp.gouv.qc.ca> wrote:
> Do you think It is feasible ou at least a good idea to translate CKAN url? For example in french /dataset/ would become /jeux-de-donnees/ and /organization/ would become /organisation/. I'm not thinking about the core, but maybe developping an extentions to support that functionality.

Actually, I think being able to specify the default name for organization and datasets would be useful.  We use the name publisher rather than organization, and it involves much more work than if we could just have a config option like

ckan.organization.name = publisher

I'm not sure what others think, but if a PR turned up in core with this functionality in it, I'd argue for it ;)

Ross