[ckan-dev] Launch of Swiss opendata portal "opendata.swiss"

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Feb 3 08:32:45 UTC 2016

Hi Adrià,

we did not yet use ckanext-dcat, but this will be the next step. The idea
would be to enable the Swiss profile to be able to harvest DCAT catalogs.
What did is use ckanext-scheming to create the dataset schema and therefore
get the API to accept DCAT-compatible JSONs.

The admin interface of the portal is in WordPress, so we wrote WordPress
plugins to pass datasets from WordPress to CKAN and to manage harvesters
(hopefully we can open source those plugins as well, but we're not there
yet).