[ckan-dev] Overriding validation

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Wed Feb 3 13:11:09 UTC 2016

You can override the validation on a dataset field with a custom
IDatasetForm pluginhttp://
docs.ckan.org/en/latest/extensions/adding-custom-fields.html?highlight=idatasetform
or by using ckanext-scheming.

You'll have to override the package_show auth check to allow the user that
created a private dataset to see it with an IAuthFunctions plugin.

You'll have to adjust the dataset form to display the private field,
because it's hidden when no orgs are selected.

Your next problem will be that private datasets only appear in organization
search pages. You'll need to adjust the search or create some other way to
find these private datasets.

Ian