[ckan-dev] User extra extension

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Sun Jan 10 12:30:21 UTC 2016

Hi Dan,

That's great! Having user-extras is one of the oldest ideas on the 'ideas-repo' - https://github.com/ckan/ideas-and-roadmap/issues/16 - and would be very useful to have in CKAN.  It's been discussed a few times and it's definitely something that with a few tiny changes and a couple of tests would be a fantastic contribution to core.

Of course everyone could just use the plugin directly, but I feel it is probably a better fit in CKAN itself (as the extras are already available on groups, packages and resources), and it would make migrations easier. And then implementing things like social-login could be done knowing that it was available, rather than having plugins relying on plugins.

If you need any help, guidance or suggestions for getting the PR into CKAN, please don't hesitate to shout here on the list or on the IRC #ckan channel.

Cheers

Ross