[ckan-dev] last_modified field in resources

Brook Elgie brook.elgie at okfn.org
Fri Jul 1 10:31:21 UTC 2016

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delay.

You are right, last_modified wasn't updated by CKAN core at all until CKAN
2.5. Before 2.5, it relied on separate extensions such as ckanext-archiver.
It should be used with regard to the resource data, not changes to the
resource metadata.

Some background:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/1874 - changes to CKAN core to update
last_modified during create/update of resource file
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/3028 - discussion about UI labels for
last_modified, revision_timestamp, etc.

Brook