[ckan-dev] Problems visualizing GEOJSON maps ??

David davisoski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:21:17 UTC 2016

Hi.

Updated:

Finally I have used

*paster views create geojson_view*

*First option:*
(default)root:/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan# /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/paster --plugin=ckan views create*geojson_view*  -c /etc/ckan/default/production.ini

*Result:*

/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/default_comparator.py:33:
SAWarning: The IN-predicate on "group.name" was invoked with an empty
sequence. This results in a contradiction, which nonetheless can be
expensive to evaluate.  Consider alternative strategies for improved
performance.
   return o[0](self, self.expr, op, *(other + o[1:]), **kwargs)

You are about to check 1 datasets for the following view plugins:
['geojson_view']
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
2016-07-07 11:11:20,821 INFO  [ckan.lib.cli] Done
(default)root:/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan#

*Second option:*

(default)root:/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan#
/usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/paster --plugin=ckan views create geo_view -c
/etc/ckan/default/production.ini

*Result:*

/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/default_comparator.py:33:
SAWarning: The IN-predicate on "group.name" was invoked with an empty
sequence. This results in a contradiction, which nonetheless can be
expensive to evaluate.  Consider alternative strategies for improved
performance.
   return o[0](self, self.expr, op, *(other + o[1:]), **kwargs)

You are about to check 1 datasets for the following view plugins:
['geo_view']
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
2016-07-07 11:12:25,962 INFO  [ckan.lib.cli] Done

Both plugins added in production.ini

Any idea?

Thanks

Hola Adría.

Unable to test:

_/paster views create geojson_view/_

This is the result:
. /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/activate
cd /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan
*paster views create geojson_view*

*RESULT:*
Command 'views' not known (you may need to run setup.py egg_info)
Known commands:
   create       Create the file layout for a Python distribution
   exe          Run #! executable files
   help         Display help
   make-config  Install a package and create a fresh config file/directory
   points       Show information about entry points
   post         Run a request for the described application
   request      Run a request for the described application
   serve        Serve the described application
   setup-app    Setup an application, given a config file

*I tried again:*

I have installed ubuntu 12.04 from scratch.
I have installed a  fresh version of CKAN 2.5

I uploaded the same file tested in demo.ckan.org.

Steps followed to install ONLY geoview in:

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview

. /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/activate
cd /usr/lib/ckan/default/src
git clone https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview.git
cd ckanext-geoview
python setup.py develop

         RESULTS:
             running develop
             running egg_info
             creating ckanext_geoview.egg-info
             writing pbr to ckanext_geoview.egg-info/pbr.json
             writing ckanext_geoview.egg-info/PKG-INFO
             writing namespace_packages to
ckanext_geoview.egg-info/namespace_packages.txt
             writing top-level names to
ckanext_geoview.egg-info/top_level.txt
             writing dependency_links to
ckanext_geoview.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
             writing entry points to
ckanext_geoview.egg-info/entry_points.txt
             writing manifest file 'ckanext_geoview.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
             reading manifest file 'ckanext_geoview.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
             reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
             warning: no files found matching '*.less' under directory
'ckanext/geoview'
             warning: no files found matching '*.jpg' under directory
'ckanext/geoview'
             writing manifest file 'ckanext_geoview.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
             running build_ext
             Creating
/usr/lib/ckan/default/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ckanext-geoview.egg-link
(link to .)
             Adding ckanext-geoview 0.0.11 to easy-install.pth file

             Installed /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-geoview
             Processing dependencies for ckanext-geoview==0.0.11
             Finished processing dependencies for ckanext-geoview==0.0.11

Later in production.ini:

Copied the plugins
         ## Plugins Settings

         # Note: Add ``datastore`` to enable the CKAN DataStore
         #       Add ``datapusher`` to enable DataPusher
         #               Add ``resource_proxy`` to enable resorce
proxying and get aro$
         #               same origin policy
         ckan.plugins = stats text_view image_view recline_view
resource_proxy geo_view

         # Define which views should be created by default
         # (plugins must be loaded in ckan.plugins)
         ckan.views.default_views = image_view text_view recline_view
geo_view

Once I have updated the resource I get the view of the map, but the map
is not showed, just the mapa-mundi empty

Thanks

Hi David,

On 30 June 2016 at 18:25, David<davisoski at gmail.com>  wrote:

> Now I had installed a CKAN 2.5 and it seems geojson is part of another
> extension; ckanext-geoview if CKAN >= 2.3
> https://github.com/pduchesne/ckanext-geoview

Please use this repo, as it is probably more up to date:

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview

Can you update your sources using this and see if the problem persists?

Have you created the views with

paster views create geojson_view