[ckan-dev] Need help with building up an extension for visualization

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Jul 7 12:27:04 UTC 2016

Hi Ashkay,

If you have the client side visualizations dealt with you have most of
the work done.

You can find general guidance about writing extensions here:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/extensions/index.html

More specifically, you need to implement IResourceView, the methods
are documented here:

https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckan/plugins/interfaces.py#L216

A real example should give you a good start (this is for the pdf view):

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-pdfview
https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-pdfview/blob/master/ckanext/pdfview/plugin.py

Hope this helps