[ckan-dev] New Extension for "cloud"-backed resources (AWS S3, Azure, etc...)

Tyler Kennedy tk at tkte.ch
Wed Jun 15 14:40:02 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I have a new extension built on top of apache-libcloud that adds support for 30+ storage providers, including Azure, AWS S3, Backspace and OpenCloud. I would greatly enjoy any feedback, comments, or missing use cases!

Please note that currently, resources are not secure except when using Azure, meaning it’s best suited for a public-facing site storing publicly available records. When using Azure, secure URLs are generated granting temporary access to resources based on your authorization in CKAN. This functionality is also supported by AWS S3, and would be a great contribution :)

https://github.com/open-data/ckanext-cloudstorage

Thank you,
Tyler Kennedy