[ckan-dev] fine grain access control

Richard Skeggs rickskeggs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:52:51 UTC 2016

I have installed CKAN 2.5 onto a linux Ubuntu 14.04 server. The website talks about CKAN being able to support fine grain access controls but I can find the implementation details.

The scenario I am trying to get to is:

 - All users can perform searches regardless of whether they are signed into CKAN.
 - All the meta data is returned for results that fulfil the search criteria.
 - To download any data from CKAN the users must be registered and logged into the site.
 - Then for some results only specially identified users can access the underlying dataset.

Any pointers to documentation or code would be most welcome.

Thanks