[ckan-dev] Setting default values within create / new dataset page

Timothy Giles timothy.giles at slu.se
Wed Jun 29 08:31:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to set default values for several metadata fields. I thought about adding code to after create - but this does not seem to get triggered. Is there a better way for me to be able to set (for example) Creator Name to the current logged in user? So when the New Dataset button is pushed, this is pre filled in, but can be altered.

I have it working for resources, so after files are uploaded I calculate hashes, file name, various other metadata elements.

Thanks for your time

Tim