[ckan-dev] Cant create DXF resource from ckanclient api

Lars Johan Ilver LJI at odense.dk
Wed Jun 29 11:32:28 UTC 2016

I'm trying to create DXF resources using ckanclient API.
DXF resources is in ASCII format.
I get Server 500. Looking into Python errors and code indicates that it is the DXF format that cause the troubles.

import ckanclient
created_resource = odoSite.action.resource_create(package_id='0966d84a-4222-4ade-b2bf-6fe062906a26', url='dummy.dk', name=namstr, upload=open(ss))

It's the same if I try to read the file as binary: upload=open(ss, 'rb')

The only documentation for the "mode string" I have been able to find is this error, when pasing some illegal value:
ValueError: mode string must begin with one of 'r', 'w', 'a' or 'U'

Any advice appreciated. ( Anyone that knows what a complete list of "mode strings"? Do I need to use another ckan api module?)

Thanks
/ilver