[ckan-dev] Fwd: [ckan4rdm] A shot at structured meta-data in CKAN

Tyler Kennedy tk at tkte.ch
Mon Jun 20 15:40:21 UTC 2016

Heyo,

Seems some of the PRs I’m working on at the moment may be able to help in
the future.

I am adding arbitrary JSON <https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/3072> (for
extensions) fields to Users, Packages, Groups, Orgs. Your structured
metadata could easily be stored in this field while retaining its full
structure and can be queried on.

For your SOLR problems, I am adding Column Declaration
<https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/3118> as part of a search indexer
overhaul, which should do away with `schema.xml` and allow you to declare
new columns to be indexed in your plugin, and which you can dynamically
generate from your schema. Column declaration should also allow you to
easily attach validators to columns without caring how they are structured.

Thank you,
Tyler Kennedy