[ckan-dev] Datapusher causes AttributeError (select_entity_from()) in datacats install

Wiebke Toussaint wiebke.toussaint at uct.ac.za
Mon Mar 14 13:06:50 UTC 2016

Hey!

I'm a newbee to CKAN, datacats, docker and coding, but after a lot of hacking and brain-wrecking I've managed to install an almost working instance of ckan with datacats at energydata.uct.ac.za

One problem: my setup fails when ever I try to login to my site. After searching for similar issues I can trace it back to a problem with datapusher.

My original set up is as follows:

  1.  VS running Ubuntu 14.04
  2.  Install done following http://docs.datacats.com/guide.html (source install with most up to date master)
  3.  Created datacats environment inside my virtual environment project folder with
     *   datacats create --ckan latest aerdb
  4.  Deployed with
     *   datacats reload --production --address=137.158.163.71 --site-url http://energydata.uct.ac.za aerdb 80
  5.  Checked that I've got SQLAlchemy v0.9.6 correctly installed

My setup responds the same as referenced here by mattfullerton https://github.com/ckan/ckan/commit/a4de57e5, however this more recent discussion https://github.com/datacats/datacats/issues/334 seems to indicate that the issue is resolved when using ckan latest.

I've managed to get my installation running by changing select_entity_from() back to select_from(), but it seems strange to me and I'd prefer not to use a workaround for a resolved issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.

All the best,

Wiebke

Here's the typical error log:

File '/project/ckan/ckan/controllers/user.py', line 643 in dashboard
  c.userobj.id, filter_type, filter_id, offset
File '/project/ckan/ckan/lib/helpers.py', line 1534 in dashboard_activity_stream
  context, {'offset': offset})
File '/project/ckan/ckan/logic/__init__.py', line 429 in wrapped
  result = _action(context, data_dict, **kw)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/logic/__init__.py', line 515 in wrapper
  return action(context, data_dict)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/logic/action/get.py', line 3302 in dashboard_activity_list_html
  activity_stream = dashboard_activity_list(context, data_dict)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/logic/__init__.py', line 515 in wrapper
  return action(context, data_dict)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/logic/action/get.py', line 3260 in dashboard_activity_list
  limit=limit, offset=offset)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/model/activity.py', line 298 in dashboard_activity_list
  q = _dashboard_activity_query(user_id, limit + offset)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/model/activity.py', line 283 in _dashboard_activity_query
  q1 = _user_activity_query(user_id, limit)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/model/activity.py', line 126 in _user_activity_query
  return _activities_union_all(q1, q2)
File '/project/ckan/ckan/model/activity.py', line 96 in _activities_union_all
  return model.Session.query(model.Activity).select_entity_from(
AttributeError: 'Query' object has no attribute 'select_entity_from'

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to UCT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via csirt at uct.ac.za