[ckan-dev] Tiff Files

John Jediny - XAAB john.jediny at gsa.gov
Thu Mar 17 15:46:31 UTC 2016

Probably not your particular use-case, but if someone needed to perform the
actually georeferencing of an image and then register it to CKAN. A
workflow to consider would be is using MapWarper
<https://www.google.com/webhp?q=mapwarper> as a separate service to perform
the georeferencing (work had already been done to expose each completed
georeferenced image metadata as ISO and exposed these records in a Web
Accessible Folder).

This was then tested/proven using CKAN's geospatial harvester extension
(WAFharvester), if anyone is interested lt me know and I can pull together
some of the docs/steps/code to doing so.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 4:09 AM, Derek Hohls <dhohls at csir.co.za> wrote:

> Geoserver would be one way to go - you can use it to serve up, for
> example, WMS from your TIFF and then visualise that via the GeoView plugin
> - https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview  (of course, there are other
> tools to produce WMS - e.g. MapServer or QGIS Server)

> Hi Mike,
>
> We have integrated CKAN with Rasdaman and GeoServer in PublicaMundi
> project:
> http://publicamundi.eu/
>
> Cheers,
> Angelos
>
> On 03/16/2016 08:58 PM, Mike Sinclair wrote:
>
> Hi all!
> Has anyone done anything with geocoded images in CKAN? Previewing and the
> like?
> Cheers.
> Mike
> ?

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> OSGeo Charter Member
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos
>

> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
> e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>,
> and is believed to be clean.

> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
> e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>,
> and is believed to be clean.

Chief Data Engineer
202-341-0191
@Data.gov
@Office of Citizen Science and Innovative Technologies/18F
<http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/25729>
General Services Administration

Work in the Open... ideate, innovate, iterate...
@github <https://github.com/JJediny> | @projectopendata
<https://github.com/project-open-data>