[ckan-dev] Error running solr in a container

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Mon May 30 09:39:38 UTC 2016

Hi again

After some further work, it seems as though the ckan "core" is now correctly setup for solr; the admin page at http://my.ip:8983/solr/#/ckan
 displays without any obvious errors (although, to be honest, I do not
know enough to tell if there is something missing that should be there).

I have tried to implement all Pedro's changes for my solr 5 instance (adding the new .jar file is a bit tricky, as one cannot restart the solr service from inside the container...)

I am still hitting the same error though: the call being made to /solr/select/ by CKAN causes a 404 error; which can be duplicated in the browser:
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /solr/select/. Reason:

    Not FoundPowered by Jetty://

There is nothing obvious in the solr.log file - running a tail while doing a page refresh does not trigger any new log entry,

I am not quite sure how to proceed from here?  Any other ideas or suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks
Derek

>>> "Derek Hohls" <dhohls at csir.co.za> 27/05/16 5:16 PM >>>
Just for the record, the log is under:

/opt/solr/server/logs/solr.log

I am working on automating the install by extracting the necessary files from a " run once" instance of a solr container, then overwriting the default schema.xml with the one supplied by CKAN, then remounting all these files back into the final instance of solr  (as per instructions in https://github.com/docker-solr/docker-solr/blob/master/5.3/scripts/docker-entrypoint.sh) to auto-create the ckan core files.

The solr container is working; but I need to get the CKAN container to communicate with it.

Thanks for the help so far.

Derek

>>> Pedro G Silva <pedro.gracio at deimos.com.pt> 27/05/16 11:45 AM >>>
logs are in /var/solr/logsif you want to automate the install you can just curl or wget that webpage to create the core