[ckan-dev] Antwort: Log Output Location of paster serve Command

Florian.Brucker at mb.karlsruhe.de Florian.Brucker at mb.karlsruhe.de
Fri Nov 11 08:20:08 UTC 2016

Dear Nathan,

as far as I know the paster logs are not stored by default. However, you
can configure that in your production.ini using Python's INI
logging-configuration format (
https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/logging.config.html#configuration-file-format
). Here's how we have configured it:

[loggers]
keys = root, ckan, ckanext

[handlers]
keys = console,file

[formatters]
keys = generic

[logger_root]
level = WARNING
handlers = console,file

[logger_ckan]
level = WARNING
handlers = console,file
qualname = ckan
propagate = 0

[logger_ckanext]
level = WARNING
handlers = console,file
qualname = ckanext
propagate = 0

[handler_console]
class = StreamHandler
args = (sys.stderr,)
level = NOTSET
formatter = generic

[handler_file]
class = handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler
args = ('/var/log/ckan/default.log', 'W0', 1, 4)
level = NOTSET
formatter = generic

[formatter_generic]
format = %(asctime)s %(levelname)-5.5s [%(name)s] %(message)s

Note the "file" entry in the "handlers" variable of the [logger_*]
sections and the configuration of it in the [handler_file] section

Regards,
Florian

"ckan-dev" <ckan-dev-bounces at lists.okfn.org> schrieb am 10.11.2016
23:41:21: