[ckan-dev] xlsx import strange behaviour

Bois Francois-Xavier fxbois at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 08:31:07 UTC 2016

Matt,

what I discovered this weekend confirms what you are writing below. Some
xls/xlsx files failed to load on the Azure instance. As they didn't load,
jsonpdataproxy.appspot.com is triggered.

On Azure, a xls/xlsx files with column where the first value (after the
header) is numeric trigger an error in :

/usr/lib/ckan/datapusher/lib/python2.7/site-packages/messytables/types.py
on line 188
if len(value) == 1:
TypeError: object of type 'float' has no len()

I solve my issue returning False just before this line (it is a bad patch
... but I needed to go forward)

Do you have a clue about why, the same files could trigger an error on
Azure and not on VirtualBox, Linode ? (same installation)

Best

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Matthew Fullerton <matt.fullerton at gmail.com