[ckan-dev] road map for horizontal scaling?

Ruima E. ruimaximo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:40:57 UTC 2016

Thank you Tim!
I am asking these questions because I am considering installing a CKAN as a
data hub for a city. It seems a very promising ideia but I am concerned
that if tomorrow the number of datasets grows and we will need it to be
distributed through several machines, the PosgreSQL might be a bottleneck
and a headache.
When I think about scale I have in mind the example of Hadoop. If tomorrow
the datasets cannot fit one machine, just add one more node, edit a few
text files and it works seamless. I am afraid that with PosgreSQL that is
not the case, or am I wrong?

Best regards,
RMX