[ckan-dev] Email Config: SMTPException - SOLVED - Mail on Registration?

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Oct 17 10:44:47 UTC 2016

Hi Lucía,

There is nothing built in to send emails after user registration, but
you can override the user_create action, wrapping the core one and
sending the email afterwards. Something like this should get you
started:

from ckan.lib.mailer import mail_recipient, MailerException

class MyPlugin(...):

    implements(p.IActions)

    def get_actions(self):

        return {'user_create': my_user_create}

def my_user_create(context, data_dict):

    user_dict = core_user_create(context, data_dict)

    # Send your email, check ckan.lib.mailer for params
    try:
        mail_recipient(name, email, subject, body)
    except MailerException:
        log.error(...)
        pass

    return user_dict