[ckan-dev] CKAN SEO and HTML meta

Alan Tygel alantygel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:59:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've just launched a new ckan based open data portal about pesticides in
Brazil.

The address is dados.contraosagrotoxicos.org (I've already submit to ckan
census)

I'm seeing some strange behaviours on search engines, specialy when using
duck duck go. Sometimes it doesnt find any results, but there are also
cases when it returns results in several languages.

I also noticed that there are no meta tags in the main page, such as
description, author, generator... I though it could be useful for search
engines...

My questions are:

* Is there any way of inserting meta tags , and maybe even opengraph and
twitter tags (without doing it manualy on the template)?
* Is there any other SEO measure I should take?
* I've just installed ckan-sitemap hoping that it will enhance SEO, but for
some reason http://dados.contraosagrotoxicos.org/sitemap.xml is returning
"Server Error" (additionally : sitemap.xml file is apparently not being
generated in ckan/public)

Many thanks for the attention,
alan

--
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Informática - PPGI/UFRJ
EITA - Educação, Informação e Tecnologias para Autogestão