[ckan-dev] Workflow/Assigning groups

Matthew Fullerton matt.fullerton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:38:32 UTC 2016

I imagine theres a few people on this list who have been following CKAN
developements longer than I have. In the User guide there is this nice
paragraph:

"Changed in version 2.2: Previous versions of CKAN used to allow adding the
dataset to existing groups in this step. This was changed. To add a dataset
to an existing group now, go to the “Group” tab in the Dataset’s page."

I was wondering, what was the reason for this change? One of the CKANs I
support would like exactly this feature and I'm wondering if I would either
be going against some huge convention and/or writing code that already is
lurking around somewhere waiting to be reinserted.

Best,
Matt