[ckan-dev] How to install ckanext-scheming

Forum forum at hello-web.net
Wed Sep 21 13:28:59 UTC 2016

Good day all,

I am new with CKAN and I would like to install a extention which let me
add new fields in a datasheet.

I do not exactely understand what I need to do.
https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-scheming

*I think, First *I should download the content of
https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-scheming/tree/master/ckanext

Past it into /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckanext/

*Then, I should edit* /etc/ckan/default/production.ini and add the line,
at the bottom:

# module-path:file to schemas being used
scheming.dataset_schemas  = ckanext.spatialx:spatialx_schema.json
                            ckanext.spatialx:spatialxy_schema.json
# will try to load "spatialx_schema.json" and "spatialxy_schema.json"
# as dataset schemas
#
# URLs may also be used, e.g:
#
# scheming.dataset_schemas = http://example.com/spatialx_schema.json

# Preset files may be included as well. The default preset setting is:
scheming.presets  = ckanext.scheming:presets.json

# The is_fallback setting may be changed as well. Defaults to false:
scheming.dataset_fallback  = false

*But where to define the new field*?

Does someone can tell me the step to install that extention?

Many thank,

Cheers
Pierre