[ckan-dev] Renaming CKAN terms/labels

Martin Burchell martinb-ckan at aptivate.org
Fri Apr 7 20:59:41 UTC 2017

On 06/04/17 14:52, Ted Strauss wrote:
> I am setting up CKAN for a research institute and in this context
> I would like to modify some of the top-level labels as follows:
> datasets --> studies
> organizations  --> labs
> ... and maybe a couple others
>
> I understand that because of localization this is not a simple change.
> Is this something that has come up before, such that there is a guide
> or previous discussion on the best way to do this?

Not sure if this was the best way to do this but for
<http://maps.mapaction.org/> we renamed Groups as Events and replaced
Organizations with one hidden MapAction organization.

The renaming was mostly done through template changes.

<https://github.com/aptivate/ckanext-mapactionevent>
<https://github.com/aptivate/ckanext-mapactiontheme>

Best regards,

--
Martin Burchell | <martinb at aptivate.org> | Skype: martinburchell

Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org/ | +44 (0)1223 967838
25 Signet Court, Swann's Road, Cambridge, CB5 8LA, UK

with company number 04980791.