[ckan-dev] ckan-dev Digest, Vol 86, Issue 16

Prashant Gupta p.gupta at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 20 21:34:31 UTC 2017

Hi Harold,

That looks perfect for now.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (

Cheers,
Prashant

From: Harald von Waldow <harald.vonwaldow at eawag.ch>
    To: <ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org>
    Subject: Re: [ckan-dev] Large data file upload

    Hi Prashant

    I found the problem to upload large files via API was that it doesn't
    support streaming uploads.

    This has been fixed here:
    https://github.com/ckan/ckanapi/pull/109

    Works well for me. Also maybe you want to have a look at a client which
    makes use of that:
    https://github.com/eawag-rdm/resup

    Cheers

    On 2017-12-19 23:39, Prashant Gupta wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > ?
    >
    > I have been trying to upload large resources (5GB-50GB) via CKAN API,
    > and facing lot of issues. CKAN currently doesn?t support chunking and
    > appending the data when uploading data via API, which causes all sort of
    > issues ? memory problem on the client side, temp directory storage
    > issue, etc. Has anyone faced this issue, and, if yes, how did you sort
    > it out?
    >
    > ?
    >
    > There are two solutions that come to my mind: 1) create a plugin to add
    > a new API call (if CKAN allows it) which may allow a client to send data
    > in chunks and then append it on the server side; 2) this one is more of
    > a hack, where I create an empty resource and add the file directly to
    > the filesystem (using resource id details) and update the CKAN database.
    > I would be keen to know what the community thinks.
    >
    > ?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Prashant Gupta

    Harald von Waldow