[ckan-dev] User sessions don't work

Antonio Jesús Sánchez Padial antonio.sanchez at inia.es
Thu Jan 12 09:13:00 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I have continued studying and testing.

When I first sent this issue my configuration was different than the one
proposed at "Deploying a source install".
<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/installing/deployment.html>I
had tried to simplify it removing the nginx server, and dispatching
everything from nginx.

So I went back, and set it up again with both servers apache and nginx
following every step in the guide.

The situation right is the following:

- When I run it on production mode, ckan seems to work ok. I go to
login. My browser gets a `ckan` cookie. When I authenticate myself, it
still seems to work and I got to my dashboard. Then whatever link I take
the session is broken, and I got logged out. I got the same fails if I
access via IP or domain, http://10.2.80.33 or http://data.inia.es. The
machine isn't currently accesible from the outside.

- When I run it on debug mode, using paster, I got a "Internal Server
Error" because my user can't write the ckan cookie created by www-data
in production mode previously. Once I remove the `ckan` cookie in my
browser, everything works fine. I can login, navigate, etc. I could
check there's no `ckan` cookie but an `auth_tkt` cookie.

- When I log in on production mode, I can briefly see the `auth_tkt`
cookie in my firebug inspector, but then it's removed and replaced with
the `ckan` cookie.

Could anyone through a clue about what's happening here? Or what can I
do to obtain further information from my system?

Thanks a lot, I'm at this point when you are learning more and more the
system, but got stuck and frustrated with no idea how to go on.

Best regards,