[ckan-dev] ckan api - creating resource views directly

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:40:19 UTC 2017

hi matt,

i don't want to activate the default_views, cause i need an integration of
iframes via webpage_view (own mapclients). the system will have distributed
data providers and the webpage_view reacts on the html format. not every
provider will have an iframe with his resource ;-) .
another problem is that if the default views are activated, you have to do
a paster command or alter the sources to see them. if you create them by
the api, they are directly shown in the frontend.
i solved it now by a recreation of all views via the api ;-) - i think that
is ok, but there are many http requests.
therefor we will not update all resources (~ 11.000) via the api in one
process, but allow each of our 110+ publishing (geoportal-)organizations to
start the sync with a special module. we have also an organization (group)
table in our geoportal and identify the orga entities by storing the ckan
uuid and an geo-admin user api-key in our group table.

best,

armin