[ckan-dev] Help with understanding plugin not found

Carl Lange carl at derilinx.com
Thu Jan 19 23:20:51 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

And when do you see the error?

I see this issue most frequently with a virtualenv mistake - either I
didn't enable it when I installed, or I didn't enable it for whatever
paster script I was running, or something like that.

Next most often is with different users - if a plugin is installed as a
user that is different to the user that runs CKAN (most often www-data),
there can sometimes be a permissions error (although this is definitely
less frequent). You might see this especially if you set up your servers
using puppet or some similar tool, because they can get kind of weird about
which user they're installing as or for. Perhaps double-check users and
permissions.

Finally, it might be worth running a `find / -type d -name
ckanext-myplugin` and `find / -type d -name ckanext-pluginthatworks` and
see if the one that works shows up in a place which the one that doesn't
doesn't.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Carl

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 at 22:08 Timothy Giles <timothy.giles at slu.se> wrote:

> Hi Carl.
>
> Definitely activated. Python setup.py develop.
>
> Regards Tim

Cheers,
Carl