[ckan-dev] Solr high availability

dporto dporto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 12:55:51 UTC 2017

I've configured two ckan instances, using same database.
Each instance has its own solr server
Both solr are configured as master / slave (following steps detailed in
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/wiki/CKAN-High-Availability )

After planned replication (timeout), slave instance shows no datasets. But
solr data is updated from master, as expected.

Accessing to a dataset by its url shows info.
Some API operations (package_list) works fine, but package_search has no
results... maybe because it uses database? (depending on API operation?)

If I reindex manually (paster search-index rebuid) datasets appear again
and I can search for them, until next  replication process, that dissapear
again.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
David