[ckan-dev] Spatial search returning too many results

Mark Winterbottom Mark.Winterbottom at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 14:57:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I have done something wrong in the configuration.

I have a CKAN 2.6.2 instance with the latest version of ckanext-spatial (installed from the master branch). I am using the solr backend and have added the solr fields to the schema as suggested here: http://docs.ckan.org/projects/ckanext-spatial/en/latest/spatial-search.html. I am also using Solr 6.0.

Here is a URL to the instance:
http://rdds.researchdata.alpha.jisc.ac.uk

My problem is that when using the map search, it returns all datasets where the coordinates overlap the searched area.

I would expect it to return only the datasets with the entire bounding box of the dataset falls within the selected area on the map, just like it does on the demo site (http://demo.ckan.org/).

Is this the desired behaviour or is something wrong with my instance? Are there any details available as to the configuration and plugin versions installed on the demo site that I can look it to compare with my own setup?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Mark Winterbottom

Full-Stack Software Engineer