[ckan-dev] Custom facets: show some facets only if a certain value is selected for a =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=9Cfather=E2=80=9D_?=facet

Giulia Benotto benotto at netseven.it
Tue Jun 27 11:35:52 UTC 2017

More or less..
I’ll try being more clear, hoping I will succeed.
When I first load my page, I’d like to show just one facet instead of all of them. Then, once a certain item is chosen for that facet, I would like to show another facet, and for that facet I would like not to show all items, but just those that are related to the already made selection (aka the item selected for the first facet).
I managed to start doing this by modifying the file facet-list.html, and imposing a set of conditions.
Still, I would like to know if there is a better way to accomplish it (maybe javascript, but how can I make it interact with facets?) and if it is compliant with ckan behavior..
Thanks for your answer,
Giulia