[ckan-dev] howto do a custom translation for a external plugin

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:12:11 UTC 2017

hi together,

is there a simple way to do a custom translation for an external plugin?
i have an own plugin and did the translation via
python setup.py extract_messages
successfully

now i enabled ckanext-spatial and adopted my own
ckanext/transparencyderp/templates/package/search.html

to show the spatial filter window. but the translation of the strings like
'Clear' is not done. i may add own .po files to the ckanext-spatial plugin,
but in the setup.py of ckanext-spatial [babel] is not referenced.
do i have to copy all needed templates of ckanext-spatial to my repository?

thanx in advance and best regards

armin