[ckan-dev] Error raises when trying using javascript

Giulia Benotto benotto at netseven.it
Thu May 25 15:38:23 UTC 2017

Hi everyone.
I am fairly new to ckan, so this is maybe a known issue.
I have a docker installation of ckan, so far everything is running smoothly. Whenever I try following the guide at this link http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/theming/javascript.html, I encounter a problem. Basically, I have my custom template called theme (instead of example_theme, which was giving problems as well); I develop the theme_popover.js in the following folder: ckanext-theme/ckanext/theme/fanstatic/theme_popover.js f(I added fanstatic in the plugin.py ( toolkit.add_resource('fanstatic', 'theme’)), and the package_item.hmtl file in: ckanext-theme/ckanext/theme/templates/snippets/package_item.html
When I reload the datasets page of my site, I get an internal server error.
I tried developing other js to associate to other snippets and get the same error as well. It looks like every time a .js is called, I get that error. Unfortunately, I can’t understand why.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Giulia