[ckan-dev] FYI: ckanext-package_converter (Metadata Conversion)

Mark Gregson mark.gregson at linkdigital.com.au
Tue May 9 02:17:03 UTC 2017

Hi Lucia

We're working on something similar but starting from the import of a zip
package with an Excel serialisation of a schema and an ISO19115 XML import.
See 'seed-uat' branch at
https://github.com/DataShades/ckanext-excelimport/tree/seed-uat. It may be
somewhat client-specific at the moment.

The intention was it would be generalised and define interfaces for
importers, exporters, container handlers and serialisation formats. Looking
into the future such interfaces could be used to build ckanext-harvest
plugins and UI-based import/export functionality. It looks like you've made
a good start on this type of architecture, while we've gone with a simpler
controller based model for now.

Greg von Nessi and Gleb Rudenko have been the key parties involved on our
side.

Cheers
Mark Gregson

*MARK GREGSON * |  *TEAM LEAD*