[ckan-dev] Merge ckan portals (dataset, resources, users)

Nicolai Mogensen nicolaim93 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 13:34:11 UTC 2017

Hello devs,

I'm a developer from denmark who is working on a national data portal
project. We are harvesting smaller regional CKAN portals, but would like to
close these down and move their data and users to the larger CKAN
installation.

My question is there a way to do this? Can you convert a harvest source
into "permanent" datasets or do you have to do it the "hard" way by a
series of various API calls. What about users, can these be added to the
larger data portal. I would appreciate any pointers to documentation or
best practices or if anyone has had similar experiences.

Kind Regards

*Nicolai Mogensen*
Studentermedhjælper
Bydata