[ckan-dev] Change dataset owner ('creator_user_id')

lucia.espona at wsl.ch lucia.espona at wsl.ch
Sat Aug 25 19:01:47 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I would like to change the dataset owner ('creator_user_id'), I tried with a API action call to package_update but it doesn't work.
Does anyone have tried this before? I am thinking about writing a SQ script to make the changes in the DB but I know it is quite risky.

We need this because have implemented different access restrictions for the datasets, so that the organization editors can only edit their own datasets and the organization admins can edit all the datasets in an organization. I don't think we will need to change the owner ever but we need to have a solution ready in case there is an exceptional situation

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Lucía

Dr. Lucia Espona Pernas

Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
Hauptgebäaude Labortrakt (HL C21)
Zürcherstrasse 111
8903 Birmensdorf
Switzerland