[ckan-dev] Blocking read access on API for anonymous users

Chun Chow chchow at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 6 22:47:01 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I keep seeing these references to disallowing API read access for anonymous users, i.e. always requiring an API key when accessing through the API.

For example, "Depending on the authorization settings of the CKAN instance, a user may need to authenticate themselves for all operations including read. However, by default, CKAN allows anonymous read access and this setup is assumed for the API usage examples.”

However, I can’t find which config option to change to implement this. Can y’all point me to where that is?

Many thanks,
Chun Ho