[ckan-dev] Accepting mail as username for paswordless login

lucia.espona at wsl.ch lucia.espona at wsl.ch
Wed Jan 10 13:13:04 UTC 2018

 Dear all

We would like to implement paswordless login in our CKAN instance (user gets a token sent to email at every login).
It shouldn't be too difficult since the process is similar as the existing "password recovery".

I am now facing the problem that we cannot use mails as usernames ('@' and '.' are not allowed) and I couldn't find any plugin that allows me to modify the default user schema (change validators) in an extension. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Best,
Lucia

Dr. Lucia Espona Pernas

Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
Hauptgebäaude Labortrakt (HL C21)
Zürcherstrasse 111
8903 Birmensdorf
Switzerland