[ckan-dev] What's the future of DataPusher?

Florian.Brucker at it.karlsruhe.de Florian.Brucker at it.karlsruhe.de
Tue Jan 30 07:28:04 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

after running into yet another problem* with DataPusher I was wondering if
there are any plans to replace it with a more modern solution? In my
experience, one reason why working with DataPusher is often cumbersome is
its implementation as a separate service. As far as I understand, the same
functionality could nowadays be implemented easily as a CKAN extension
based on background jobs. In my opinion, this functionality should even be
incorporated directly into the DataStore extension (honest question: are
there many people using DataStore without the DataPusher, and if so,
why?).

Best regards,
Florian

* after adding a resource with an uploaded CSV file to an existing
dataset, DataPusher not only failed to push the data into DataStore
automatically but also somehow managed to break the DataStore-entries for
the dataset's existing resources so that all of them had to be re-uploaded
to the DataStore "manually" by clicking the button in the UI.