[ckan-dev] ckan-dev Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Wed Jan 10 17:36:43 UTC 2018

Yes, the data dictionary can be set or updated with the datastore_create
'fields' parameter by adding an 'info' object containing any JSON you need
for that field:

https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/3414/files#diff-d8942d2054c04edc9ee834957411a2edR111

The form by default stores a single 'label' and 'notes' value per field but
you're free to override the templates to add your own extra information per
column. There's no restrictions on what you store there other than that
'info' should be a JSON object.

Sadly this didn't get added to the documentation as part of the same PR.
Would you like to open an issue? I'll assign myself to it and try to get
this included in the docs.