[ckan-dev] Versioning datasets

Andrew Smith asmith at mapaction.org
Wed Jul 18 11:53:20 UTC 2018

Hi Adil,

Versioning is something we needed for our site, so we commissioned an
extension to handle it:
https://github.com/aptivate/ckanext-datasetversions
Each version is a full ckan dataset. The collection of versions are
then linked together using the parent-child relationship which can be
established in the API. It allows both the resources and the metadata
to alter between versions.

Here is a example of it in use:
https://maps.mapaction.org/dataset/irma-jamaica-ma412-v6

Old versions are still accessible as long as they remain public.

It may or may not fit your use case, but pull requests are always welcome. ;-)
I hope that's helpful.
Andy

Andy Smith
Technical Director