[ckan-dev] Upgrade strategy from 2.3 to 2.8?

Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) andrew.koebrick at state.mn.us
Wed Jun 27 16:01:22 UTC 2018

I am going to attempt to get our 2.3 CKAN site up to the latest version, on a new server and was hoping folks could weigh in on my plan.  In addition to the CKAN upgrade, I will also be moving the site from a server running RHEL 6.9 to 7.5.

My thought:

1)      Dump the database on the old system; copy it to the new system and then restore.

2)      Checkout the new version of CKAN from github on the new server.

3)      Copy over all the Solr cores and then make any Solr schema changes needed

4)      Run paster db upgrade.

I guess my biggest question is if the paster db upgrade is cumulative, or if I somehow need to do each upgrade between 2.3 and 2.8 one at a time.

Any other gotchas people can think of?

Andrew Koebrick  |  MINNESOTA GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION OFFICE
Web Coordinator / Systems administrator / Librarian
MN.IT Services @ MNGEO
651-201-2465 (w)  |   651-296-6398 (f) |  andrew.koebrick at state.mn.us<mailto:andrew.koebrick at state.mn.us>
658 Cedar St., Room 300, St. Paul, MN 55155, www.mngeo.state.mn.us<http://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CE61F8.52552AE0]<http://www.mn.gov/oet>