[ckan-dev] Can users upload data files from a URL?

Brian Bonnlander bonnland at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 28 16:53:53 UTC 2018

Hi CKAN developers,

I've looked at the CKAN API documents and it's not clear what happens
when a resource is created from a URL.   Is that linked resource simply
a link in CKAN, or can the linked file be imported using the URL?

I ask because we have users who are currently hosting large data files
on external servers, and they would like to avoid the extra step of
downloading the files to their local machine before uploading them into
CKAN.

Thanks for your insights,

--Brian

-------