[ckan-dev] How to reduce the size of the database "activity" table?

Brian Bonnlander bonnland at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 13 19:39:06 UTC 2018

Hi CKAN developers,

We have a CKAN instance with datasets whose metadata are continually
being updated using the CKAN harvester.

Only one field is typically changed:  the time range for the data (more
data gets added every few days).

After running for more than a year, we now have an "activity" table with
over 200,000 rows, and the database has grown to around 10 GB in size.

Is there a way to safely clear the "activity" table?   Or maybe keep it
from growing in the first place, since the changes being recorded are
not that interesting in the first place?

Thank you for your time,

--Brian

-------

Brian Bonnlander