[ckan-dev] Different templates/css for different schemas?

Neuvonen Samuli samuli.neuvonen at ymparisto.fi
Wed Oct 3 12:29:26 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I'm quite new to CKAN so apologies if there is an easy and obvious way to solve this but:

We are using the scheming extension (https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-scheming) for handling different dataset types in our CKAN. This works nicely but we would like to use completely different styling for some of them. As far as I understand, to do this we would need to have separate plugins for each schema-theme-combination, implementing the IConfigurer- and IDatasetForm-interfaces, and exclude these schemes/dataset types from the scheming extension? Or is there a better/easier way to do this? Can we somehow use the scheming extension as we do now but change the outlook of the web pages according to the dataset type? Is the currently selected package accessible in all the templates and if so, how?

Thanks a lot,
Samuli Neuvonen