[ckan-dev] Updates on hiring CKAN contributors

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Tue Oct 16 10:58:17 UTC 2018

Folks,

First up, big thanks to everyone who has already contributed to the
gofundme campaign which is found here:
https://www.gofundme.com/ethiopia-needs-open-data-experts

Second, if you were planning to help support the campaign then please jump
in now and put your donation through. We'll be doing a public post on
CKAN.org and be able to personally thank everyone who has put through a
donation.

Third, the real updates... things are moving ahead well. We have four
candidates that will be interviewed on Thursday this week. Solomon and his
colleagues in Ethiopia should be able to make a decision about at least one
candidate very soon.

As we have funding from Link Digital for $5000 USD to combine with the
1,030 Euro that is currently in the funding initiative, the total amounts
to around $6,200 USD.  This is about enough to fund two candidates for
eight months. As such, we plan to hire two people from the current set of
candidates with the knowledge that we have time to continue raising funds.

Link Digital will underwrite the initiative to hire both candidates, so if
the broader community isn't able to quite fill up the bucket of funds
required, its ok.

Cheers,
Steven

P.S. I'd love to see your support of open data in Ethiopia (and the CKAN
project) via a small donation here:
https://www.gofundme.com/ethiopia-needs-open-data-experts

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au