[ckan-dev] Your Invitation to CKANCon 2018, 25 September

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Tue Sep 4 13:49:56 UTC 2018

Hi folks!

This is a repost on behalf of Chris :)  Please register by 12 September -
you can attend in person or virtually.

*The Canadian Open Government team and the CKAN Association invite you to
attend **CKANCon 2018 <https://www.opendatacon.org/#/side-events-list>!*

CKANcon will be on September 25th from 10:00-16:00 UTC/GMTat the Centro
Cultural Recoleta <http://www.centroculturalrecoleta.org/> in Buenos Aires,
Argentina.  Remote participation is also encouraged. The conference is
being held as a pre-event to the International Open Data Conference
(IODC18) taking place later that week.

·         *What is CKANcon?*

CKANcon is the annual gathering of CKAN users and developers.  CKAN powers
open data portals around the world.  It is the world’s leading open source
data platform.  It supports open data by making it easier to publish,
share, find and use data. This year, CKANcon is being designed for open
data leaders, practitioners and developers.

·         *Goals of CKANcon 2018*

Topics for discussion will include how CKAN can support open data in an era
of digital transformation.  We’ll discuss opportunities, challenges, and
how the open data community can use digital platforms make progress. As the
open data movement matures, the community needs to continue to find ways to
take advantage of our technical platforms to expand and broaden how we
ingest, manage and release open data. The objective of CKANcon 2019 is to
explore how we can expand and strengthen CKAN as a platform for open data
and information.

·         *Agenda*

All attendees are welcome to participate regardless of their knowledge of
CKAN, both from governments and from civil society. The event will be
structured around three main components:

1.       Introductory presentation (Webex option)

2.       Case studies (Webex option)

3.       Unconference working groups and a roadmap of the future of CKAN
(in-person only)

This event offers a unique opportunity to engage with leading experts on a
prominent open source platform that’s re-shaping the way organizations
share information with the public.

·         *Registration*

Please register here <https://goo.gl/forms/vMLlGdpEdrLcwvXT2> by September
12, 2018

For those who cannot attend in person, the first two portions of CKANCon
will be available through remote streaming and call-in at:

Join WebEx meeting

https://pwgsc-nh.webex.com/join/christopher.jajatbs-sct.gc.ca | 557 840 282

Join by phone

1-877-413-4782 Call-in toll-free number

Attendee access code: 566 095 0

We look forward to seeing many of you online and on site in Argentina!

Best,

Christopher Jaja

Head, Open Government Portal

Chief Information Officer Branch

Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat / Government of Canada

Christopher.Jaja at tbs-sct.gc.ca / Tel: 613-323-3905

Chef, portail du gouvernement ouvert

Direction du diirigeant principal de l'information

Secrétariat du Conseil du Trésor du Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

Christopher.Jaja at tbs-sct.gc.ca / Tél : 613-323-3905

Note: Email will be actioned during Central European Time business hours.

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au