[ckan-dev] SSL SYSCALL Error

Biz Tweets optweets at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:22:49 UTC 2018

Hey there,

We are hosting our ckan build on Azure. The Postgres DB Is running on Azure
Database for PostgreSQL. Sometimes it seems that the connection breaks and
once it does the following error will hang below in Apache2 error logs and
the site will not reconnect.

Has anyone come accross this error and or have a known way for ckan to
reconnect if this error arises due to a postgres break?

Usually all i need to run to fix this error will be an apache2 restart

OperationalError: (OperationalError) SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected
'SELECT system_info.id AS system_info_id, system_info.key AS
system_info_key, system_info.value AS system_info_value, system_info.state
AS system_info_state, system_info.revision_id AS system_info_revision_id
\nFROM system_info \nWHERE system_info.key = %(key_1)s \n LIMIT
%(param_1)s' {'param_1': 1, 'key_1': 'ckan.config_update'}