[ckan-dev] Facet customization question

Knight, Kathryn E. knightke at ornl.gov
Tue Apr 16 18:56:45 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I’ve managed to customize my facets in CKAN (the left-hand column that normally shows Organizations, Groups, Licenses, and Tags), however because I’m using the CKAN-scheming, -repeating and -composite plugins as well, some of the fields I’d like to add to my facets show up as either lists or dicts. I can provide a screenshot, if this doesn’t make sense.

Looking for a solution, I’ve a few old threads saying that I need to update my Solr schema to mark this field (or these fields) as repeating, then re-index it. Is there a means for me to update the Solr index via a plugin (or some other method), or do I need to do this in the actual Solr xml file?

Thanks so much,

Katie