[ckan-dev] Problem with 'ghost' dataset

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Thu Aug 1 00:51:52 UTC 2019

Thanks Stefan,
Reindexing helped with part of the problem.  We also found a bug in CKAN (v2.7.2) such that if in our descriptions of the data we used certain characters, this was what caused the datasets to 'ghost' (i.e. not be listed amongst datasets).

The characters I am aware of are the apostrophe ', and the emdash/endash  (using a plain dash works OK).

Removing those characters in the metadata made the datasets show up.  Include them anywhere and they disappear from the dataset list (but the data is still there - just ghost like).

Regards
Aaron

Message: 2